Sunday, June 26, 2011

need help: need to pack up and move somewhere abroad, but where?

need help: need to pack up and move somewhere abroad, but where?
where is a good place to live abroad? I am nearly 30 years old and need to get out. I enjoy warm weather, happy people, fun-loving people, a place where I can work at a respectable place making good money but a place where work isn't everything. A place where there is a youthful vibe and an appreciation for life. A place that hasn't been corrupted by the Untied States' "money is everything" qualities. A place where the people feel a sense of unity and where life can be lead as it was intended. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the luxuries of life as well but I don't want to live in a place where I am consumed by it or where every other life-concern is dwarfed by the notion of making money. In fact, I would like to work for my money so that I can afford to buy and do luxurious things, I just don't want it to mean everything. Someplace that puts value on avoiding unneeded stress and instead promotes positivity. Somewhere where there is culture. I am also out-going and enjoy music so if the community is festive its a plus. I speak English and some broken Spanish. If anyone can provide me with some legitimate knowledge, guidance, support in this regard I would be truly grateful as I lack any firsthand knowledge in this area. I have been entertaining the thought of Argentina, Belize, France however, I wouldn't know where in either of these places I'd be better off, if any. Furthermore, These are just some ideas, I'm open to anywhere that could provide a more suitable living. Additionally, if anyone has ANY help in regards to sharing their abroad networks, supplying information with respect to career opportunities, and/or dispensing any direction, help, or sharing an opportunity with me I would truly appreciate it. This is potentially my life's biggest decision, all help is appreciated and will be paid forward upon the opportunity. Thank you in advance. Belizean Chic, Please tell me more... I was heavily considering Belize too. What part do you recommend? what can I expect from Belize as far as a possibility for a professional career? JBZ567@yahoo.com
Packing & Preparation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Morocco is my choice and for some of your reasons. Family is a top priority there, cities are built with large plazas and families or couples take evening strolls through medinas and business districts after dark in the summer and the atmosphere is perfectly safe. Small businesses are easy to start too, doesn't seem to be the degree of micro-managing like here in the US. However no place is perfect, they are working on the infrastructure and are making noticeable progress each time I visit. Most people take a 2 hour lunch so they can go home and have a real lunch with their family, and if their job or business is nearby they can take a short nap too. Music is really big in Morocco, they play it on buses and in public and even American music, and every large city has a music festival sometime during the year. Art and handicrafts are very important and good part of their tourist draw too, Morocco is a very colorful place. If you ever have the chance visit Morocco, and research it well before you go. If you are fortunate you will meet Moroccans who show you real hospitality like you've probably never experienced in the west. It is also near Europe and airline tickets to Paris and other cities are very reasonable, making for a low-cost getaway. Culture Shock! Morocco is a good book to read and there are many websites.
2 :
Go to Belize life will be great