Monday, August 1, 2011

Am I responsible for someone else's credit card fraud, legal advice please?

Am I responsible for someone else's credit card fraud, legal advice please?
I sold some speakers on Ebay to someone in Argentina, even though my auction stated canada or us. They won the auction, and paid me via paypal. I then shipped the speakers. Sounds easy. THEN, a week later I received a notice from paypal that the user filed an "unauthorized transaction" with their credit card company. So paypal charged the funds BACK to me ! Now I am out the speakers and the money. I dont feel that paypal is making a very fair decision. They state it may take that persons credit card company 75 days to get to a final decision, but paypal wants their money in 7 days? Does this sound right to anyone? I need some advice, paypal is being totally unreasonable. After receiving the chargeback notice, I went to Ebay and the user that won the speakers was no longer registered.
Other - Business & Finance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
that sound really bad but just been got suck it up and stop selling on ebay because most people on ebay are crooks hope u take this as lesson learn
2 :
You were taken and I would file a complaint with Ebay and ask for my money back. They will go after the ones who got the speakers. I would not sell anything except here in USA.