Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Need advice on what to do?

Need advice on what to do?
I have a 03 Hyundai Santa Fe. Basic model. The situation is such that it needs A LOT of repairs since I was basically stupid and never bothered to take my vehicle in for regular check-ups and servicing. I now sit at almost 99,000 miles on it. Among the many things the main ones from what I understand are a new serpantine belt, new battery, brakes maybe transmission and catalytic converter. I had taken my vehicle to the dealership where I bought it and was quoted around $5000.00 for everything that needed to be done. Obviously I walked out and did not do anything. Now for the maybe 4th or 5th time in the past three years my car has just died while driving on the road. I borrowed jumpers and attempted to jump to make it back home but no luck. Which sort of tells me that it could very well be the converter issue again. So the advice or wisdom I need from anyone who can help is that tomorrow I can pay $1500 to have the mechanic I know just work on the s belt and cat converter issues. Does this seem like a fair reasonable price to you? I tried to look at parts online and I can get them but am not sure if I would be getting the right parts. Is this something I can find in my manual perhaps? Would the mech be willing to tell me what exact parts I need and I can get them from a store. Which route should I take? I would appreciate all knowledge on this matter. It would be of good help to me because I am debating if putting any money into this vehicle now at this stage is worth it. Thank you. There is no explanation for why I never got it properly serviced like I was supposed to. In all respects everything that is happening now is something I deserve to go through since I never really took care of it. I can give a multitude of reasons but in the end they would be all bull sh* Just need solid advice on what I should do.
Maintenance & Repairs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
why didnt you take car of your car?as a mechanic just want to know why..
2 :
take it to an after market exhaust shop and get the converter changed should be no more than 200 with labor then get alt checked to se if it is charging the battery go to advance auto and maybe with a little luck they will replace the belt for you the belt should be around 38.00 the reason i told you to have the alternator checked is it may not be the battery but the alt. not charging you should be able to fix most of your problems for a lot less than 1500.00 but don't pay that much just for a converter and a belt you are getting ripped off!!