Thursday, October 14, 2010

Need to know if I have to pay taxes. I am not a US resident and I live outside the US?

Need to know if I have to pay taxes. I am not a US resident and I live outside the US?
Hi guys. I lived in the US for 5 years. My working visa expired and I decided to come back to my country. Now, my question is this: I make about $50,000 per month for an LLC I own in the US, and that money is deposited in my US bank account. When I go to the US I do it with a tourist/business visa. Since I don't live in the US anymore, and I spend my money here in Argentina, should I keep paying income taxes? BTW, I have a SSN
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I do believe that your company is supposed to file tax returns and you are liable for taxes for employees and so forth. The income is generated in the US, so it is taxable to you. If you want more information, you can contact the IRS via their web site... www.irs.gov
2 :
If you are engaged in a business in the US, then you will be subject to tax on your US sourced income. There are limits on the number of days you spend in the US to determine if you are a resident or non-resident. A resident would be required to report world-wide income on their US tax returns. If your LLC is considered to be a partnership, then you would need to file US partnership tax returns. Your share of the income would have to be reported on your individual tax return. If you are the only member of the LLC, you would not need to file business tax returns. You would report your income directly on your individual tax return. You're probably required to pay estimated taxes throughout the year, and may even be subject to penalties if youre not doing this. You should really contact a professional. Im assuming you must have an accountant in this country to handle your business here. If not, contact a CPA in the US for your tax filings.