Monday, November 1, 2010

What do I need to do to make my Windows XP Professional genuine? I need help, I don't understand.?

What do I need to do to make my Windows XP Professional genuine? I need help, I don't understand.?
I tried updating it a couple of days ago and it said I don't have a genuine copy. So my latop isn't doing so well right now. I bought my laptop from my cousin before she moved back to Argentina. I have nothing for it other then the cable to charge it and a mouse. I had no idea I would be dealing with a problem like this, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it from her. I don't have that much money to spend on any type of software..so if you know a place where I can get something cheap that will resolve my issue, please help me. I don't know what else to do...I heard that my laptop will become useless if I don't fix this asap. Please help! Thanks!
Software - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you can't unless it is genuine, sorry
2 :
You can a)buy a valid license, can be not so expensive if you try, for instance, an academic one. Search at school.
3 :
Go out and buy a real copy and do a clean install. Harry
4 :
Feel your pain! Bought my comp on eBay. Same problem. Microsoft wanted to sell me an "electronic validation" for my XP Pro for $149. (For XP Home it's $99.) You have to get a legitimate FULL INSTALL disc (not the upgrade) and follow the instructions to repair. Then you will eventually be able to enter the new and legal 25 digit Product Key and become genuine (as far as Microsoft is concerned.)
5 :
CALL MICROSOFT AND TELL THEM THAT YOUR COMPUTER CRASHED AND YOU GOT A NEW HARDDRIVE AND THAT YOU TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS AGAIN AND THAT THE CODE SAYS ITS NOT VALID THEYLL GIVE YOU ONE
6 :
ok, here is where the microsoft monopoly comes up, they want the costumer tha buys a copy of windows to only be able to install it in one computer,even if your computer was programmed with an original windows disc, it'll become illegal because the code has already been used before,unles you use your computer for business or something real importand it dosent really matter, you wont get the biger updates but if you make sure you have a good antivirus and firewall program you will be fine, i have had 3 computers with the same problem but i havent even worried about it my comps are fine, and no your computer wont become useless, not true, just enable automatic updates and your computer will still get the basic updates wich will help too, my advise is, dont sweath it you'll be fine.